Had a little bit of a dive into my recent history today as I cleaned out some drawers in my desk. Since I had left this at my folks' place when I moved out in 2005, all the items in it were from late college (1998-ish) to 2005. The things I found reminded me a bit of what life was like in college, missions, and in my early twenties out of college, and the friends that I saw more often back then. Things I found included:
Wedding programs from:
- Jason/Iris
- Andy/Pam
- Torence/Nicole
Missions support letters from:
- Danny Y
- Jason/Iris
- Wilma
- Dan/Tina
- Jason K
- Andy H
- Hideyo
- Ivana
Various thank you and birthday cards from:
- my old worship team
- James/Luwen's baby shower
- aforementioned weddings
- my missions team NYC 2000
A church bulletin from 2005. I noticed that only 7 out of the 22 names listed on the bulletin in any capacity were still at the church, which made me somewhat sad.
A playbill for "Rent"
Letter I wrote to myself on 12/31/2000, intended to be opened up a year later. At the time I had just finished my "0.5" out of my 4.5 years at Cal and was getting ready to move into the working world.
Fantasy basketball cheat sheet, with the top five: Shaq, Duncan, TMac, Kobe, Webber
Various Bible studies that I thought were good enough to keep but not smart enough to organize in a usable way.
Stack of business cards from my first job, as well as various paychecks/commendations etc.
3 packs 7-8 years old gum
1997 Cal AACF Brother's Appreciation invitation. People put a lot of effort into those and it's still pretty cool to remember.
Spain 2005 paraphernalia (guidebook, ticket stubs, maps, etc.)
My 2003 layoff notice from my previous company and my hiring forms into a startup
Fun to look back every so often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment