Back in high school and college, particularly when I parted my hair, people used to often mistake me for being much older than I actually was. In fact it became a running joke, compounded by the fact that I drove a Volvo station wagon for several years... people started calling me "Dad." In fact, I think some of the youth still do. And some of the young adults. Hm...
Anyway, a few key examples of this: 5 years ago, I was being mistaken for being 29 when I was in fact 23; and once after a wedding reception, I leaned back on my Volvo while someone guessed I was 32 (I was in fact 22 at the time). So I'm used to people thinking I'm older than I actually am.
Today, the weird thing is that two separate interviewees (one in the morning, one in the afternoon, both of whom graduated college after I did) thought I looked surprisingly young when I walked into the conference room. This may be because I conducted phone interviews with them beforehand and my voice sounds old? I dunno... anyway, the latter interviewee thought that I was just graduated from college.
Maybe I have reverse-aging syndrome!
On a few wholly different notes...
The NBA is only days away! Both my fantasy drafts are tomorrow and I'm woefully unprepared.
I'm kinda glad Lost is going on hiatus. This season has been a little up and down, and it'll be nice to have a weeknight freed up again.
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You sure they're not girls and are trying to hit on you? =)
"Hi, I'm Bob, and I'm (enter number here) years old."
I remember that line used to work wonders....
Post a Comment