I used to be able to play ball for several hours on consecutive days. But now that I'm older, going up the stairs the day after ball puts me in danger of cramping up with every step.
I used to think drinking water was for suckers who couldn't get something that tasted better, like juice. But now that I'm older, I find that I can't afford the calories... and water actually tastes good.
I used to think that sports cars were cool. But now that I'm older, I look at them and can't help but think about how expensive gas would be, and how there aren't enough doors to fit friends or future family members.
I used to think that typing on a keyboard was great. But now that I'm older, I try to avoid typing a whole lot since it aggravates RSI.
I used to think that being a cynic would shield me from disappointment. But now that I'm older, I'm trying to be less cynical because there's a lot more fullness of life in being able to hope.
List to be updated as I think of others. Got any of your own to add? Put them in the comments section.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
interesting how there are now two consecutive entries about age. haha. =]
Sports cars are never uncool.
:)
i used to think that going out to eat for dinner was better than my mom's cooking. but now that i'm older, i realized how much i miss my mom's cooking.
ditto on 2 and 5
_chuckle_ Great musing.
Post a Comment