Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.
Finished the Bible for the third time yesterday - I used a chronological reading schedule for this go-round. Something I observed: yes, it's God's Word, full of wisdom and life-changing truth... but something I discovered this time through is that a lot of it is just darn good reading. There were times that I would think "Eh, just one more chapter" because I wanted to find out what would happen next... even though I ended up being a little late to work in the morning.
Not yet settled on what I'm going to do next (start another go-through, go through a devotional, etc.) but this morning I pulled a book off my shelf that has gotten kind of dusty from disuse these last 6 years and began reading some sections from it. That book? Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem. I think I might spend some time reading through the sections on Prayer, the Gospel, grace, and sanctification.
3 comments:
i like the systematic theology book by grudem. and if you want, you can supplement your devots with erickson's systematic theology book which i have that you can borrow :)
i never got through acts....
Congratulations on finishing another round of the Bible reading. It's full of treachery, sex, murder, poetry, prophetic visions, double-crosses, and incest. It reads like a soap opera.
Post a Comment