Japan pics coming up, now that I've got some from Mike/Esther/Andy!
Amusing website of the week, also sent along by Mike: Fashion4Nerds.com, a website put up by a nerd to synthesize the general fashion "golden rules" he had gleaned from surveying women, in order to help un-fashion-savvy folks (like nerds) be at least presentable. Being one of those, I'd heard some of these before, but things that still surprised me included:
- running/athletic shoes are for the gym only
Comment: really? But they're so comfortable! And it's nice to always have the option of being able to take a break from work and to hit the gym... which is something I'm trying to do now, actually.
- white socks are only to be worn during athletic activities
Comment: obviously, don't wear them with dress shoes... but why can't they be worn for most other things?
- get a mature, dressy coat/jacket
Comment: okay, this one didn't surprise me, but I guess wearing my Champion USA Olympics windbreaker over button-up shirt and khakis/slacks isn't going to cut it anymore.
Incidentally, reading through the website reminded me of how I saw Maria revamp Byron's wardrobe after they got married. No more company T-shirts, things with holes in them, and lots of items of clothing that drew compliments like "Nice sweater your wife got you, Byron."
The Warriors are finally in their customary second-half hope-killing slide. Why do I keep rooting for this team?
The Spurs are looking better, but the Mavs and Suns are the class of the league by far. And the thing is, I can't hate either team since they're fun to watch and don't have any unlikable players (for me, unlikable = either arrogant, or selfish/doesn't play team ball). Shally and I will get the chance to check out the Mavs in person when we go see the Warriors take them on March 12 (which might not be a blowout... for some reason the W's play them well).
Speaking of whom... head over to Shally's blog to wish this great gal a happy birthday today. Through all of the outings, talks, walks, activities, fun times, trials, prayers, and growing pains, she's grown into a major blessing in my life. Happy birthday, Shal!
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment