For a few months now I've been struggling about what to do with this blog.
I skip a few days, put a few posts in draft mode, and eventually the queue gets into such a backed-up state that any new ideas I have for writing get pushed into an ever-growing morass that has grown into perhaps the triple digits and feels as dense as clay.
On top of that, IM and Facebook do a decent job of filling in the "social networking" aspect of being online, and with the proliferation of subject-specific and "interesting stuff" link blogs, as well as Youtube, there are more ways than ever to kill 5 minutes at a time. It's so easy to click and read, watch, or listen, and then realize that an hour has gone by.
Thing is... I started this thing 5 years ago with the purpose of being able to work out my life and to share with the world some things from my perspective. I think I've gotten sidetracked by laziness, by wanting to please my reading public... and I think I've done myself a disservice for it.
From now through the end of the year, I'm planning on having this blog reflect a bit more of me, rather than what I think you, dear reader, want to read from me. I like lots of interesting articles. I like sports and sports analysis/opinion. I like poignant thoughts gathered from various readings. I like the occasional personality quizzes. I like the occasional youtube video. And sometimes, I just want to write about what's going on.
Time to start clearing out the backlog...
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i applaud your return of focus :)
Post a Comment