Friday, March 10, 2006

White as snow

The past few days, my soul's been somewhat troubled. I've been somewhat spiritually out of sync and out of rhythm, in need of forgiveness and purification. So, this morning, I tried to get myself re-centered on God - meditating on David's Psalm 51 (specifically, verse 12: "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me"), playing and singing "Create In Me" and "Refiner's Fire," and holding onto the image in my mind's eye of the Biblical description of the blood of Jesus cleansing the repentant as white as snow.

On the way to work, with the odd NorCal weather we've been having lately, I came over a crest on the freeway and saw this scene off in the distance (picture courtesy of the Mercury News):


White as snow indeed.

'Twas a timely reminder that when I lift my eyes to the hills, I realize that my help comes from the Lord, maker of Heaven and Earth.

The mountains/hills ringing Silicon Valley have served as inspiration in the past. Click here and here to read these stories from my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see what you shared is from Sunday's message.

S.C

Agueda said...

Is there anything we can pray for you about?