Although I'm rooting for the Mavs, here's hoping the Heat can turn this into a series by winning the next two games. It just feels like such a great playoffs ought to be capped by an outstanding Finals. Aside from a general lack of aggressiveness, Shaq did everything right in the post - his teammates just missed a lot of easy layups.
On the side of the Mavs offense, Coach AJ has done a great job making adjustments at getting Nowitzki and Howard more catches and looks on the move. Next time you watch a game, try not watching the guy with the ball. Every player is moving, cutting, setting screens, coming off a curl or double curl... it's a great offense that leads to an inordinate number of wide-open 12-foot jumpers or runners that their guards, wings, and Dirk can make.
On Sunday, a few of us went up to Golden Gate Park in the city for a free, Alice 97.3-sponsored concert featuring "Cake", best known for their song "Long Jacket" (ask Mike P to sing it for you sometime, he's dead on with all the lyrics). While I wasn't familiar with most of their songs, one of their band members was quite impressive:

The guy on the left, on the keyboard? Depending on the song, and even a particular section of the song, he'd switch between singing harmony, playing keyboard, playing a percussion instrument that makes a sound kind of like a frog's ribbit, playing a trumpet, and playing a tambourine. The versatility displayed, often within one song, was pretty awesome... he'd be holding the trumpet in one hand while playing a keyboard interlude, then back to the horn, etc. If only I could be that talented...
2 comments:
i guess we were all really tired on monday... i didn't feel dizzy or anything, but after my lunch, i slept for 3 hours. haha
I was pretty tried on monday but I still had to study Chem.
I felt "terrible" from your place filled with toliet papers as i saw the picture you attached. Is it from your creative mind? Hope it is not.
Post a Comment