Saturday, April 28, 2007

Weekend entertainment

Weather's getting hotter. Shally, Hanlin, and I met up with a few other folks from GRX this morning to cook and assemble burgers for some of the poor at CityTeam Ministries, and by the time we were done the mercury had risen to the high 80s/low 90s. I kinda miss the good old days of 60 degree weather.

Things that made me laugh (or at least chuckle, or shake my head ruefully) this week:

Smartest message board thread ever:
# Think Terry, Harris, Buchner and company will try to get us to lose our cool? - MotownLefty1
* Did the sun rise today? - Pacer Playoff Ambitions - Murphleavy'd
o Nope... the Earth just rotated to where we can see it - SCbay49
+ Ouch, he just got Galileowned - Shallow Hal
# Copernicussed out - Ben

Message needed for geeks and internet addicts everywhere (read closely)


The Chinese are taking over the world - from Hanlin




Life lesson
A crow was sitting on a tree, doing nothing all day. A rabbit asked him,”Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day long?” The crow answered: “Sure, why not.” So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the crow, and rested.

A fox jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story: To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very high up.

Haloid
Fun video pitting the Master Chief from Halo against Samus from Metroid... with some artistic interpretation built in:


I believe
Finally, I'll be heading up to the Coliseum tomorrow night to watch the Warriors take on the Mavericks in game 4. I doubt we'll be sitting for very long or be silent for a long duration of time. Go W's!

1 comment:

pekkle01 said...

Nice! How'd you land tickets??