Got tagged by Maria a long time ago, and I've got a few moments of not-work and before-commute-home, so...
One book...
that is changing your life: Other than the Bible, I'll say Now Discover Your Strengths (Buckingham and Clifton) which was given to me as a birthday gift by Shal, since I'm reading it right now and it has some interesting insights into how people are wired.
that you've read more than once: Almost all the novels on my bookshelf - various Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, other sci-fi - I like reading a good novel in bed for a while before falling asleep, so I tend to re-read books.
that you'd want on a deserted island: Practical value: some sort of Army Field Manual on wilderness survival. Entertainment value: Probably Lord of the Rings. Spiritual growth: Celebration of Discipline (Foster) or Systematic Theology (Grudem).
that made you laugh: Any of the Calvin and Hobbes compilations by Bill Watterson. Maybe that's cheating...
that made you cry: Don't think I've ever cried reading a book.
that you wish you had written: The Great Divorce (CS Lewis)
that you wish had never been written: Can't think of any.
that you're currently reading: Now Discover Your Strengths (Buckingham/Clifton), The Cardinal of the Kremlin (Clancy)
that you've been meaning to read: The Imitation of Christ, Thomas A Kempis
that you haven't been able to get through no matter how many times you've started it: Currently midway through Imitation of Christ, but I wonder whether I will be able to finish it. Also I've read through the first few novels in Mike P's Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, Restaurant at the End of the Universe) but haven't been able to get through the rest yet.
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment