I've helped out at a lot of people's weddings.
Off the top of my head, I've been a best man, groomsman, special music, worship leader, sound tech, audio/visual setup, head usher, regular usher, candlelighter, gift mover, stagehand, getaway car driver, and slideshow narrator. Granted, I've never had to coordinate anything (that seems to be a female dominated role), but I basically know my way around the ins and outs.
My parents joke that for my wedding, I have a lot of favors to call in... but now that we're in the midst of trying to think of helpers, there's that familiar feeling of "bu yao ma fan" that comes up. During planning I joked that I could turn around on stage, pick up a guitar and lead worship... and I think I was only half joking.
I think I like to help out people I care about. I'm still learning how to ask for help from those same people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like to joke that at Canaan we all have our specialized roles to pick from. Music: there's that gaggle. Video: choose from these fine selections. Ushering: male or female? Here are the folks Canaan offers. =)
I'd be happy to help out, too. (Pick me! Pick me!)
Thanks Joseph... you'll probably hear from us soon :-).
Post a Comment