Friday, August 01, 2008

The end of one era

About 3 years ago, after living at home for nearly 5 years, I moved out to Mountain View with Chris and Hanlin in the "Kittoe House." It's been a blast... living with two Godly guys, being centrally located for small group and social events, cutting my commute in half, late night video games, potlucks, birthdays, barbeques, gearing up for hoops, date nights, movie nights, NBA games (including the Warriors playoff run), TV shows ranging from Lost to Iron Chef, conversations galore, and a million more memories.

As I get ready to move on to the next stage of my life with Shally in January, I've decided to move back to my parents' home at the end of August to spend some time with my current family before I begin my own. At some point I'll also need to begin finding a place for Shally and me to live as well. There are a good number of logistics to work out this month, but more than that, as a nostalgic person by nature, I'm still coming to terms with the end of this stage of my life. It's been a great 3 years with 2 great roommates - I believe we've been able to bless each other and bless others, which was our stated goal when we moved in together. I don't know who will be taking my place, especially considering Hanlin's own impending move-out, but I hope that the spirit of the Kittoe House tradition will live on somehow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it has also been a blessing and a blast living with you and hanlin! i'm gonna miss you guys when you guys eventually move out. i've learned a lot from you jus from living together for these three years and i do thank you for being such a great housemate! hopefully, we can find some people to keep kittoe house alive :)