Something that I do, that I'm guessing probably annoys my friends, is something I picked up from a coworker friend of mine who grew up in the American Midwest. Basically, the premise goes: it's never cold in California, it's just "cool" or "chilly". So whenever one of my born-and-raised-in-California friends starts complaining about the "freezing" 52 degree weather, I almost reflexively now say "chilly, not freezing". On the one hand, I'm trying to remind all of us not to take the blessing of great weather (relatively) in CA for granted; on the other, sometimes I am teasing and probably crossing the line into being a jerk/annoyance. I really need to pick my spots better.
Anyway, with a low of 31 degrees expected tonight... okay. Now it's freezing.
Just did the switch to blogger beta... so far I'm annoyed that it doesn't pick up html formatting in the Blogger Profile that I use to update the "Current Listening/Reading/Watching" section over on the right, squishing everything into one long unreadable paragraph. I'll have to play more with templates and plugins. Any helpful suggestions from more experienced beta bloggers?
Looks like I'll have to rely on Tim Rattay or Alex Smith to carry my fantasy football team to victory and glory in the final this upcoming Sunday (week 16). I'm sure my opponent is quaking in his boots at the thought of a present or past 49er QB putting up big numbers.
Song lyric of the week: "Well I know that falling down ain't graceful, but I thank the Lord that falling's full of grace." (Andrew Peterson, "The Chasing Song")
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's ture... Bay Area has the best weather. 50 degree weather is totally NOT cold. Don't take it for granted!! :)
haha... yes, it is cold. but yes again, it is much better than other places :)
i also really like the quote!
and ryc: i forgot. maybe it was sayid torturing sawyer. i forgot that he did that. heh. gotta go rewatch it i guess :)
Post a Comment