What is claimed to be the world's most expensive sandwich goes on display at Selfridges Department Store in London, Monday April 10, 2006. Named the McDonald Sandwich, after it's creator, chef Scott McDonald, the ingredients are Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie de meaux, rocket, red pepper and mustard confit, and English plum tomatoes, all packed into 24-hour fermented sour dough bread - and it sells for 85 pounds (US$ 148.33: euro 122.53) each.(AP Photo/Tom Hevezi) Click here for more pictures of the sandwich, and here if you're curious what "Wagyu beef" is (it's basically Kobe beef).
I'm a pretty lazy consumer - I'm one of those people who don't do a very good job of supporting the economy! Just in the past year or so, I've considered buying (which means for me, reading reviews, checking prices, looking for discounts, etc.) both an iPod and a Taylor 414, but after a few months of not pulling the trigger, my desire simply waned and I never ended up shelling out the dough. I'm like an advertiser's nightmare.
However, with the NBA playoffs coming up (woot!) and the lure of "40 games in 40 nights" on TNT, I'm thinking that an investment in a DVR would be money well spent. Anyone have recommendations for a good one?On an unrelated note, we may finally be up for some good weather!
5 comments:
Could you help me look for a bicycle as well? Haaa!
hey, me too! (about the DVR). hopefully in time for the simultaneous alias & 24 finales? :) i do have gift certificates to fry's that sum up to a pretty large amount that i've had for over a year. i've done the research in the past but never got around to buying one. now i'm just too busy to research, so let me know what you find out. hehe.
the kittoe boys should attempt to make a sandwich equal to this one. you should have some single lady friends to taste test it. ;P i'm sure they would be quite impressed. :D
Hurray for the good weather. I welcome the DVR and am willing to chip in, too. As Worldcup 2006 is coming on this summer at anywhere between 7-9am, I would be hard-pressed to attempt to watch it live. Summer, maybe we can help you look for a bike.
i use a dvr because it's much easier than trying to watch 3 screens at once.
Post a Comment