... according to the Sunday Mail (I've bolded the ones I've seen and italicized the ones that I've considered watching in the past):
1 Apocalypse Now
2 The Apartment
3 City of God
4 Chinatown
5 Sexy Beast
6 2001: A Space Odyssey
7 North by Northwest
8 A Bout de Souffle
9 Donnie Darko
10 Manhattan
11 Alien
12 Lost in Translation
13 The Shawshank Redemption - perhaps my favorite non-Star Wars/Lord of the Rings movie)
14 Lagaan: Once Upon A Time in India
15 Pulp Fiction - I walked out of it the first time around, but I'd consider seeing it again, I suppose
16 Touch of Evil
17 Walkabout
18 Black Narcissus
19 Boyz N the Hood
20 The Player
21 Come and See
22 Heavenly Creatures
23 A Night at the Opera
24 Erin Brockovich
25 Trainspotting
26 The Breakfast Club
27 Hero
28 Fanny and Alexander
29 Pink Flamingos
30 All About Eve
31 Scarface
32 Terminator 2
33 Three Colours: Blue
34 The Royal Tenen-baums
35 The Ladykillers
36 Fight Club
37 The Searchers
38 Mulholland Drive
39 The Ipcress File
40 The King of Comedy
41 Manhunter
42 Dawn of the Dead
43 Princess Mononoke
44 Raising Arizona
45 Cabaret
46 This Sporting Life
47 Brazil
48 Aguirre: The Wrath of God
49 Secrets and Lies
50 Badlands
Looks like I have some work to do before I die!
Friday, July 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I watched half of Apocalpyse Now: Redux (the one w/ the extra 1/2 or 1 hr of footage) ... still need to watch the second half.
Chinatown was surprisingly good - Jack Nicholson did a supreme job as Detective(?) Gittes. Excellent film noir, and I understand the Simpsons Chiro-town reference now. Heh.
Pulp Fiction's narrative technique was way cool, even if it was gruesomely violent and laced with expletives.
If you've never seen a Miyazaki film before (even My Neighbor Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service) then Spirited Away would be a very good introduction and is much easier to understand than Princess Mononoke.
I really enjoyed two of Guy Ritchie's films (not on the list but they were a complete riot to watch):
Snatch and its predecessor Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
what?!? "the rock," "con air," and "face off" aren't on the top 50 must watch movies list? those were nick cage's hit trilogy!
Lots of boring movies on the list.
Watch Scarface.
there are a lot of movies i've never heard of...and not really inclined to watch either. :)
i find that my taste in movies doesn't match with the critics. artsy & different != better.
Post a Comment