Monday, June 21, 2010

Hate-T&T

Our DSL internet has been off since last Thursday, leading to a gradually increasing level of frustration with a certain company that rhymes with the title of this post, and an inability to keep up with my weekdaily posting.  Here's the chronology of events:

Last Tuesday: S calls the company regarding our account's bill, and to change the name on the account.  For some reason, unbeknownst to us, the account rep doesn't make a modification to our current account, but actually puts in a delete order for our current account and sets up a new account for the new name.

Thursday morning: Internet is off.  I spend 2 hours on the phone with technical support thinking that there's a problem with the modem.  We're unable to get it to work.  The technical support people don't think to check the status of our account.

Thursday afternoon: S takes over and finds out that our internet is off because of the aforementioned snafu with deleting and then creating a new account.  Nobody seems to know how to get the new account to work with our new modem, or to re-enable the old account.  Then the office closes at 5 pm EDT.

Fri-Sun - out of town

Monday - S calls again and is put on hold for an hour, after which point she needs to go back to work.  I call again and find out that nobody is available after 2 pm PDT/5 pm EDT.

Couple points of frustration here:
1) Not having internet is really inconvenient in this day and age.  I'm not able to work from home, it's a lot harder to access information/connect with people, less access to entertainment.
2) They caused the problem and haven't been able to fix it.  After this gets resolved we still need to be compensated for the days of missing service.
3) We're tempted to try switching to another broadband internet provider that rhymes with Tomcast, but we've heard equally bad comments on their customer service, so we may be stuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clarifications & addendums from S:
- the original call was for them to correct the spelling of my name since the rep misspelled it even tho it was correct on the old acct. (And why we couldn't just xfer the acct to the new addr when we moved like 10 miles is beyond me...plus, why accts have to be cancelled just to change the name is ridiculous!!)
- today, I was on the line with a service rep for like an hour as he figured out what was going on. Except the new acct # that i'd been given on thur wasn't in the system...so he worked on the old acct, figured out the prob (supposedly simple), sent a ticket to another dept who was supposed to resolve it w/I 4 hours and call me back. I never got a phone call. So I called to check the status...got asked a security ? That I hadn't set (but they said I had), put on hold for 20 mins, call dropped, she called back but said we'd have to wait all over again. Said i'd call later cuz i was at work. Had bob call 5 mins later only yo discover they're closed. Got home and finally opened our snail mail to discover they'd gotten our new acct # wrong. So I'll have to start the WHOLE PROCESS OVER AGAIN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

There's more. But I think that's enuf for now. Thumbs are tired...