- Player of the game = Ron Artest. The Celts doubled Kobe and Pau aggressively, and Ron killed them, then gave a shout-out to his psychiatrist, which was awesome.
- Ugly game, but intense all the way through. No big leads.
- Kobe was carried by his teammates in this game. After stinking up the first half, I think he took a third as many shots in the second half, which was helpful because Fisher, Pau, Odom, and Artest all hit big shots that swung momentum.
- In the post-game congratulations, Magic said something like, "To the greatest fans in the world - Laker fans!" to which I muttered, "Maybe about a third of them at most would count in that upper tier of great fans. The rest are front-runners."
- Follow-up to the last point - I'll have more respect for you as a Laker fan if you can name the starting lineup of the Laker team in the '00s that didn't make the playoffs, and much more respect if you can name most of the starting lineups in the early 90's before Shaq and Kobe arrived.
- That being said, all credit to LA - they beat a tough Boston team in a tough, tough game to win it all. Congratulations to the franchise, and I'm happy for my friends who are indeed real fans.
- That being said, the Gasol trade is still a ridiculous rip-off.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Quick thoughts on Lakers-Celtics game 7
A few quick thoughts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment