I used to write on this blog relatively prolifically in the first half of this decade. I realized recently that my decline in writing corresponded with the era where it became supremely easy to waste 10-15 minutes at a time on the internet - through youtube, through digg, through countless sites providing top 10 lists and interesting (but ultimately irrelevant) content.
Being an input junkie and a fast reader, I loaded up my RSS feeds and began consuming tidbits of information in bite-size chunks at all hours of the day, leaving little time for contemplation and the personal wrestling on life that inherently need large chunks of time.
I kinda miss the me that would write, back in the day.
So, as I begin my next year of life, I'm going to be a bit ambitious and aim to write a post each weekday for the rest of the month of June, to see if I can get back into a habit. I'm trying to give myself the freedom to not be particularly polished, especially starting out. I'll try to write about life, faith, interesting things, questions, and a list of other stuff I've archived but haven't really processed.
Hope you'll join me, but I won't be offended if you choose to block me from your feeds. It might do you some good to reduce the amount of input in your life too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i look super forward to it!:)
i've always liked your musings :D ... glad you're getting back into it!
You should read the NY Times article on the distractions faced by the modern technology family. It's scary how short our attention span is getting nowadays.
@Joseph: I read that article this morning, heh...
Post a Comment